What are hidden things of the heart? Are they not things we can hide from the human eye? Things like covetousness, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, fears, lust? But God can see all these things.
When God gets a hold of us in His mercy, He wants us to make a choice to be free of all these issues, His grace is ready to be poured out, and He wants to help us come through victorious. But we need to be willing to enter in with Him and get free, if we aren't totally willing, we cannot abide in Him.
I myself have been in situations where I was not ready to let go of issues of my heart, or not even willing from the heart to face these things and it left me a miserable stumbling Christian. We can even keep others close to us to grow in their Christian walk.
I see so many believers get stuck right here, they are not willing to give up what they believe they have a right to, and it can be in many forms, and they end up being a lopsided christian and can't ever come though victorious, and they're puzzled why they can't. Only serious business with God can they come through in victory. Others cannot help unless there's the willingness on the individual to really be helped, I have been involved with many such people, and you can tell them straight what needs to happen before they can be helped, but its like they want you to bring them to that inner peace, and I've had to tell them that they have to mean business with God but its like they don't see it or just not willing to give it up. There seems to be a lack of trust towards God that He will really bring them through. I ache for these individuals, and feel very helpless. Because I know what many of them go through and I see how they could be free through my own experiences.
It can hinder our relationship with the Lord tremendously. If we feel God isn't hearing our prayers we need to check our hearts. He knows our hearts but He wants us to deal with whats in there, then He can pour out grace for healing. May we be sensitive to the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives so we don't end up in a place like this. Lord, help us to live a transparent life before God and man.
Amen!! Thank you, sister for sharing this. It is certainly a blessing to live the life of an overcomer! Hard on the flesh, but 'the peaceable fruit of righteousness' is what we want right?! God bless you.
ReplyDelete