Saturday, April 12, 2014

Let Your Light so Shine...

I just can't help but share these thoughts. We are in a time when theres so much confusion, twisted, warped, false doctrines out there that it's been a real burden on my heart. It's hidden behind healings and signs, exactly what Jesus is talking about in the latter days. Theres less of repentance and alot about love and this is where the devil is having a hayday. This is what I read today....

This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation. 

What was the sign of Jonah? I read it was repent.

The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgement with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater then Jonah is here.
                         Luke11:29-32

No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. 

Now here is what that lamp is...

The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. BUT if your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. THEREFORE, TAKE HEED!! that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.
           Luke11:33-36

The way I understand this for myself is that if I walk in this light, it will be known to others without me making it known in words, this light will radiate without a lot of talk, it will show in everything I do, the way I conduct myself in every way. But if there be any sin in my life, worldliness attached, it can't be light, it creates confusion and darkness. If we boast about God's love, we need to walk in obedience to His word, we will keep His commandments. That is how we will recognize it in others, the fruit we bear gives evidence of this light. It's just plain, God's word clearly says it and I believe it. 
Have you ever walked into a place where it seems darkness is felt and in walks somebody walking in this obedience, how that person is a beam of light? How can anything that has the worlds look alike think it can draw those that walk in darkness, that even bear the fruit of darkness, to win it to that light, if it resembles the darkness? There has to be a distinction all the way through.

If you do not obey the light,it will turn into darkness. (Utmost)

Jesus says, I am the way, the truth and the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment