This morning in my quiet time I read in a book I use along with my Bible reading something very eye opening and thought provoking, something that smote me deep in my heart and caused me to stop and check all my motives, my speech and actions. Maybe if you all read this you will understand. I was convicted, and if it wasn't for the grace of my dear Lord and Savior I would have despaired, because I had to face it, how many times have I thoughtlessly out of habit said or acted in a way that could have led another to sin. I'm accountable to live and act in such a way that I will not provoke others where they may be weak. That would include in every aspect of life, be it food, drink, what I wear, how I talk, my compassion or lack of it or little things I may overlook and do not stand for what I believe as to what God would desire, or stand around or be part of malicious gossip. May God help us!
When you cause anyone to sin, you take the devil's office out of his hand. Let him do it himself if he can, but never allow him to use you as a hireling. Tempting someone else to sin is worse than sinning yourself. Those who tempt others plant their own wickedness in fertile fields and raise up new seed to the devil. To cultivate the devil's crop of sin with the evil in your heart shows sin is mighty in you indeed. Parents, especially, must guard against such a heinous act. What are they but devils incarnate who, by their own example, teach their children the devil's catechism--to swear and lie and drink?
Do you not know what you do when you tempt? I will tell you. You do that which cannot be undone by your own repentance. You contaminate your family and friends with error, and send them rushing to join the devil's throng. Later, you may see your mistake and turn from your wicked way. But can you force those you have led astray to fight against the press of the worldly crowd to get to Jesus at all cost?
Your heart may break, like Lamech's, with the weight of your sorrow. But unfortunately their rescue is out of your hands. What a grief to your spirit to see them on the road to hell and know you paid the toll, yet not be able to call them back! Even after you are dead and gone,your sins may not be perpetuated in those who are alive, generation after generation. By William Gurnall
We need the blood of Christ! I see no other way. and His mercy. And first of all we need deep repentance if we live in sin so that the blood of Jesus can atone for us. Let us all take to heart, wake up and flee this evil one and allow God to draw us near to Him with a true heart. God have mercy on us.
By the way, if anyone would like to read a book that goes very well for a devotional along with your Bible, this book I read is titled-The Christian in Complete Armor, Daily readings in spiritual warfare. I got mine from a thriftstore and later ordered them from amazon. It's powerful reading!

Lisa, this is some good stuff! Thank you for posting it. It is a joy to be filled with the Holy Spirit who will give us a spirit of awareness to STOP us before we actually get to the place of leading others astray; or He will CONVICT us if we do pose a temptation for others; and thank God for FORGIVENESS if we have fallen and need to be restored. I have experienced all these areas and am so thankful for that Guide into all truth!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have chosen to be careful about our children's reading material, and media. We have chosen to be careful about close friends, and about the amount of time we spend in town and at public places, like our beautiful Fingerlakes that unfortunately, in summer, get filled with half (or less) dressed people. We may be 'limiting' ourselves in some ways, but in order to provide safety for our children, we have chosen to quietly choose where He calls us to choose.
God bless your day.
Love and blessings,
Marcia