Monday, February 17, 2014

Reverence for Dreams

The Bible always incarnates ideals in great personalities, and Joseph stands for the magnificent integrity of boyhood. No man thinks so clearly or has such high ideals as he does in his teens; but unless we live out our ideals, they become a mockery. Joseph was amazingly susceptible to God, and he "dreamed dreams." The dreams of the Old Testament are the touch of God on  Spirit of man; but Joseph's brothers did not reverence such dreams.
Beware what you brood on in secret, for the fateful opportunity will come when God and the devil will meet in your soul, and you will do according to your brooding, swept beyond all control. This is a law as sure as God is God.
Beware of saying,"O well, it doesn't matter much what I think about in secret."It does, for the time will come when what you think about in secret will find expression in an act. the fateful opportunity came to Joseph's brothers. The Bible always speaks of sin as it appears in its final analysis. Jesus did not say,"You must not covet because it will lead to stealing." He said, "You must not covet because it is stealing." He did not say,"You must not be angry with your brother because it will lead to murder." He said, "You must not be angry with your brother because it is murder." When the climax of these things is reached, we begin to see the meaning of Calvary.
By William Gurnal on the Christian in complete Armor

Awhile back in my time with God I read this piece and it really spoke to me. There was a time in my life when I gave free reign to my thoughts and when I became a child of God, this was where the devil had the time of his life in harassing me. I just pass this on for anyone who struggles with this, there is victory but only if we come to grips of how much of me I allow God to have. I use to read books that would lead to fantasizing and I would call it dreaming, dear friends, it was a slough I don't ever want to get back in to. I just want to warn anybody, watch what you read or feast your eyes upon because that is who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment